Prodip Leung is a Hong-Kong based painter, illustrator and graphic designer. Prodip studied graphic designs and has combined a career in music with experimental art, best known for the iconic characters in his paintings and as the bassist of the Cantonese hip hop group LMF (Lazy Mutha Fucka).
From the 1980s, working across media, Prodip designed underground concert posters, flyers and CD covers, later produced striking visuals for leading international and local brands. His artwork is peopled with tribes of hybrid aliens and drawn on traditions of street art, cartoons, and pop subcultures that challenge the boundaries of conventional art-making.
Prodip’s works explore fun and provocative configurations of religious icons, UFOs, friendly aliens and other-worldly creatures. Prodip’s new work combines figurative and landscape elements, making use of a variety of mediums from acrylic on canvas to paper, wood, metal and concrete to explore mythic transformations and the inter-dimensional qualities of the everyday.
Selected Past Exhibitions:
- 2010 Mad Metal exhibition at Giant Robot, New York
- 2010 Hope & Glory exhibition, Hong Kong
- 2011 Tribe of Many Colors solo exhibition, Hong Kong
- 2011 Light Up – 50 Artists Celebrating 50 Years of Amnesty exhibition, Hong Kong
- 2012 Daydreaming with... exhibition, Hong Kong
- 2013 Abstract Dimension solo exhibition, Hong Kong
- 2014 Suspects exhibition, Los Angeles
- 2014 ToySoul 2014, Hong Kong
- 2015 Pop Up Press! x Prodip Leung, Hong Kong
- 2016 SFW exhibition, Hong Kong
- 2016 7-Paperholic, Hong Kong
- 2017 The 14th Factory, Los Angeles