2022 Open Call for Artists and Curators - The Korean Cultural Center
August 18, 2021 新聞
The Korean Cultural Center in Hong Kong(KCC) is now accepting proposals for the upcoming 2022 exhibition season. We are planning to have two exhibitions for open call artists in coming 2022, once in Art Basel Hong Kong 2022 season and the other one in summer season. It aims to support potential Korean artists and curators to find a larger market abroad.
- Exhibition Dates:
1. 1-2 months in March 2022 (during Art Basel Hong Kong 2022 period)
2. 1-2 months in summer 2022 (exact exhibition dates will be confirmed in due course)
- Location: Korean Cultural Center in Hong Kong, 6-7/F, Block B, PMQ, 35 Aberdeen Street, Central
1) Applicants must be one of the followings
- individual artist
- a collective group of 3 or more artists
- curator with 3 or more artists
2) There are no restrictions based on artists and curators nationality or age. However, for the collective group and the group artists, all or 75% of the proposed artists must have Korean nationality.
3) All artists included in the proposal must have previously participated in at least three public exhibitions.
4) Artists and curators can submit any forms of art including fine arts, sculptures, installation works, media arts and etc, yet due to the limitation of the shipping cost, bulky and heavy works need to have a separate consultation with KCC.
Required Application Materials (Both Korean and English):
Online applications to email@example.com with the following:
- Completed application form (download the form below)
- Artists/Curator Portfolio (PDF format, less than 20 pages, less than 10MB)
- Images of the art work to present (JPEG format; image files should be less than 2MB) or video links (max. 5MB)
- Exhibition Proposal (Only for the curators)
KCC will provide
- Exhibition venue at the KCC (https://hk.korean-culture.org/hk/902/board/682/read/109878)
- Curatorial support for solo artists
＊ KCC will group the selected solo artists and curate them into group exhibition
- Online press materials and PR support
- 3 days of accommodation fee at PMQ (Heritage building for art and culture where KCC is located)
- Shipping fee for the artworks
- Leaflet and promotion materials (posters, etc) production fee
＊ All these supporting amounts will be offered within reasonable limited bounds.
- Opening Reception
＊The support coverage may change depending on the covid-19 situation.
The successful applicants are in duty to
- Produce the leaflet and promotion materials (posters, etc) (accounts only to the curators)
- Participate the exhibition installation and opening reception
External jurors consisting of curators and visual arts professionals will review the applications before voting on the two finalists. The winners will be announced in late October to early November 2021 via email. Details of the jury panel will be kept anonymous until the announcement of the winner of the Open Call.
Application Due Date: 30 September 2021, 18:00 (KST)
2022 Open Call for Artists and Curators
Thu, 2021-09-30 18:00